I am extremely interested in this ticket

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/16549

to add Ada support to gcc. My particular situation is that I need an
Ada 2005 compiler (which means gcc 4.3) which runs on PPC hardware
under OS X 10.5. (My need relates to the fact that I have written Ada
bindings to the excellent PLplot plotting library but I still work on
one of the last PowerBooks which is PPC.) I already have a
functioning Ada 2005 compiler running on PPC under 10.4.11 so I have
the necessary bootstrapping required to build the new compiler. I
believe that the process would involve building the new compiler
while running 10.4.x and then installing 10.5.x while maintaining /opt.

I'm not sure how to encourage faster attention to this ticket except
to "vote" with this post.

Many TIA,

Jerry