Hi,

Ok it's been several days and I am really struggling with this one.
I need to install mkxToolnix but in order to do that, I need to install
Boost (which I have now donew several times). MacPorts installs
Boost 1.35.0_2 but for some reason it appears that not all the
required files are installed. I get the following error when I try to
install mkvToolnix:

*** Not checking for wxWidgets: disabled by user request
checking for magic_open in -lmagic... no
checking for boostlib >= 1.20.0... yes
checking whether the Boost::Regex library is available... yes
checking for main in -lboost_regex-mt... no
checking for main in -lboost_regex-boost_regex-mt... no
configure: error: Could not link against boost_regex-boost_regex-mt !

I looked in the configure file and copied anything I could see to do with
Boost.regex or just regex. Can anyone see anything in the following that
would  disable the install of the required files.

# Configure ICU
echo -n "Unicode/ICU support for Boost.Regex?... "
if test "x$flag_icu" != xno; then
  if test "x$ICU_ROOT" = x; then
    COMMON_ICU_PATHS="/usr /usr/local /sw"
    for p in $COMMON_ICU_PATHS; do
      if test -r $p/include/unicode/utypes.h; then
        ICU_ROOT=$p
      fi
    done

    if test "x$ICU_ROOT" = x; then
      echo "not found."
    else
      BJAM_CONFIG="$BJAM_CONFIG -sICU_PATH=$ICU_ROOT"
      echo "$ICU_ROOT"
    fi
  else
    BJAM_CONFIG="$BJAM_CONFIG -sICU_PATH=$ICU_ROOT"
    echo "$ICU_ROOT"
  fi
else
  echo "disabled."
fi

and this section:

Configuration:
  -h, --help                display this help and exit
  --with-bjam=BJAM          use existing Boost.Jam executable (bjam)
                            [automatically built]
  --with-toolset=TOOLSET    use specific Boost.Build toolset
                            [automatically detected]
--show-libraries show the set of libraries that require build and installation steps (i.e., those libraries
                            that can be used with --with-libraries or
                            --without-libraries), then exit
  --with-libraries=list     build only a particular set of libraries,
describing using either a comma- separated list of
                            library names or "all"
                            [all]
--without-libraries=list build all libraries except the ones listed []
  --with-icu                enable Unicode/ICU support in Regex
                            [automatically detected]
  --without-icu             disable Unicode/ICU support in Regex
--with-icu=DIR specify the root of the ICU library installation
                            and enable Unicode/ICU support in Regex
                            [automatically detected]
  --with-python=PYTHON      specify the Python executable [python]
  --with-python-root=DIR    specify the root of the Python installation
                            [automatically detected]
  --with-python-version=X.Y specify the Python version as X.Y
                            [automatically detected]

As suggested by Michel I tried 'port contents boost | grep regex-mt'
but it did not find the file. However, I was not sure if that command
was searching the directories after the install or seaching sources
that will be installed.

Does anyone have any other suggestion? I only hope that installing
mpeg4ip will be less trouble.

Thanks,

Terrence