Charles Day wrote:

... it just appears that
relatively few people care about building binaries.

Maybe not too many care about building them, but a lot care about distributing them once they are built. A distribution of GnuCash for Mac in binary form is one of the more requested features (especially recently) I see as a GnuCash developer. Going through the steps of installing GnuCash via MacPorts or Fink is unfortunately beyond what many users are able or willing to do.

So that's why I'm looking into building a binary...

Pretty much the only port "supported" as a stand-alone binary package is sysutils/MacPorts...

If your users are unwilling to install MacPorts or Fink, maybe you need a stand-alone GnuCash ?

--anders