On May 25, 2009, at 10:49 , cory steers wrote:

I can now start gnucash as my user account. Only remaining problem is that every time I start gnucash, I get an error dialog and a setup dialog.

I can see it setting up .gconf.path etc., but I get the "cannot find default values" dialog wanting me to set up every time. I've tried deleting the .gnucash and .gconfd directories as well as the .gconf.path file. It recreates all that, but doesn't stop asking me to do setup on subsequent starts.

Also, I'm getting a 2nd dialog saying "an error occurred while loading or saving configuration information for gnucash. Some of your configuration settings may not work properly." Here is a snippet of the console logs, which seems relted:

I think that's dbus not being started. Go back through the user list for proper instructions. (Two pieces, one with sudo and one without, and both with -w so they'll start automagically in the future is what I recall.) I think from recent discussion that what dbus tells you as it is installed is not quite correct.

Lenore