On Aug 19, 2009, at 19:15, Brandon Allbery wrote:

On Aug 19, 2009, at 10:26 , Chris Janton wrote:
mac 48 # sudo port upgrade outdated
--->  Computing dependencies for mysql5
--->  Fetching mysql5
---> Attempting to fetch mysql-5.0.84.tar.gz from http:// mysql.he.net/Downloads/MySQL-5.0/

???

I think ports can't tell that mysql-devel "provides" mysql.

Yeah. :(

(And it is possible that mysql-devel is not compatible with software that has been tested with mysql.)

Ports that depend on mysql5 should do so in a way that mysql5-devel would be able to satisfy the dependency too, since they should be compatible. php5 does do this. But there seems to be a bug when upgrading ports that pulls in the original mysql5 dependency instead of allowing the installed mysql5-devel to satisfy it. This may have been fixed in MacPorts 1.8? I'm not sure.

For now, you can upgrade ZendFramework without following dependencies:

port -n upgrade ZendFramework