Hello,
        I encountered the following error when trying to install gnustep:

--->  Fetching Etoile
Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned: Subversion check out failed
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: GNUMail Etoile Pantomime PRICE TalkSoup netclasses Yap.app ImageMagick p7zip a2ps psutils gworkspace system-preferences PreferencePanes windowmaker xpm

I then tried to install etoile direct and encountered the following error:

--->  Fetching Etoile
Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned: Subversion check out failed

According to etoile website, the etoile runtime is now officially deprecated.

Frank J. R. Hanstick
tro...@comcast.net