On May 31, 2010, at 00:56 , Joshua Root wrote:
On 2010-5-31 14:38 , Brandon Allbery wrote:
On May 31, 2010, at 00:29 , Joshua Root wrote:
Maybe you should ask whoever you heard this from. If you can't specify a particular technical difference, I doubt anybody can point you to the
right setting even if it exists.

I suspect he means this (from my .fonts.conf):
[...]

Surely that only affects freetype, not system-wide font rendering?

*sigh* Somehow I managed to miss that part of the discussion. So why exactly do they want to make the fonts uglier?

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] allb...@kf8nh.com
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allb...@ece.cmu.edu