On 26 Mar, 2011, at 7:59 pm, Bayard Bell wrote:

pmset provides this information definitively.

On 26 Mar 2011, at 19:44, Philip Hudson wrote:

On 26 Mar, 2011, at 6:06 pm, vincent habchi wrote:

Titanium PowerBook G4 (PowerPC) running 10.5.8

Did you try compiling Atlas with the computer tied to the mains or not?

Doing it remotely for my parents over ssh, but to the best of my knowledge and belief they have it plugged in all the time. It's in a fixed position -- they use it as a desktop, in other words -- and I've instructed them not to close the lid (and thus put the machine to sleep) as they normally do, until I give them the all-clear.

I assume that the pmset -g output I posted earlier confirms that we're running full speed while on mains power. If not, please LMK.

I found this on ATLAS' install doco page:

ATLAS config tries to detect if CPU throttling is enabled, but it may not always detect it, and sometimes may detect it after you have disabled it. In the latter case, to force the configure to continue regardless of the results of the CPU throttling probe, pass this flag to configure:

   -Si cputhrchk 0

Is it necessary/sufficient/optimal for me to do this? If so, a) where and how do I do it and b) should I send a patch upstream?

--
Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63