You got me wrong, my question was not on how to compile on Windows but on how
to cross compile on OS X for Windows. Doesn't necessarily need to be through
macports but it seems tome that the mingw/binutils port might be the right
direction (I think those ports exist(ed) - I'm currently away from my Mac). I
expect to need to build every lib the stuff depends on manually, I just need
pointers to get started.

Dominik