>> But the issue is that prior to running this, I have no idea what the
>> redirect will be. And, I have 4 different things to download like this.
>>
>> I want wget -- since it is already following redirects -- to update the name
>> it will use. And that I have no idea how to do.
>
> In that case, the man page says to use --content-disposition

Thank you

and ... that description doesn't seem quite what I want. But the next option in
the man page is
       --trust-server-names
which looks to be exactly what I want.

... and I read that man page twice, and pulled up "info wget", and I still
managed to miss that.

---
This is coming from Mail.app. I hate the new Gmail web look, and dislike Mail
only slightly less.