On 22/10/13 14:31, Derek Ng wrote:
Thanks! I was referring to the first option. So I guess to install vim with
both huge and python27 functionality, I would use this install command?

port install vim +huge +python27

i.e., vim will have both functionalities without having to switch from one
to the other?

correct. You can enable as many variants as you like, as long as they don't conflict with each other (which if the Portfile is properly set up will not be allowed).

-----Original Message-----
From: Clemens Lang [mailto:neverpa...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Clemens Lang
Sent: October-22-13 9:09 AM
To: Derek Ng
Cc: macports-users@lists.macosforge.org
Subject: Re: Multiple Variants

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 08:09:20AM -0400, Derek Ng wrote:
Can you install and have multiple variants active at the same time? Or
are you limited to only one active variant, and then you have to
switch between them?

If you're talking about something like
   cairo +quartz+x11, or
   vim +huge+python27
that's certainly possible.

If you're talking about having a copy of
   cairo +x11, and
   cario +quartz
and those active at the same time, that's not possible, which is what
Brandon is referring to.

--
Clemens Lang