Hi Ryan,

On 20/09/2014, at 9:04 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> On Sep 20, 2014, at 5:34 AM, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
>>
>>> things, ...). To start with it complains about something I'm not
>>> familiar with: "Can't install libiodbc because conflicting ports are
>>> active: unixODBC"
>>
>> *It* being what? I cannot recall having seen that error when I first
>> installed a digikam port, but that was a while ago...
>
> digikam depends on kdelibs4 which depends on soprano which depends on
> libiodbc. libiodbc conflicts with unixODBC. You will encounter the above
> error message if you already have unixODBC installed, perhaps as dependency
> of something else.

Kdelibs4 *should not* depend on Nepomuk/Soprano and all that schmear,
but it does. It is a chain of dependencies that has caused grief to many,
including MacPorts. It should disappear shortly, as KDE's new indexing
software, Baloo, enters KDE 4 and the future KF 5.

If you can fool one dependency chain or another into coniformity with the
others re ODBC, well and good. It is not as though Nepomuk/Soprano has
any value or is ever used on Apple OS X, which already has Spotlight and
has had it for about 9 years.

Cheers, Ian W.
KDE Developer and KDE-Mac Team