On 10/26/14, 8:07 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Oct 26, 2014, at 6:52 PM, Jeff Singleton wrote:

>>> My first suspicion would be that using the +quartz variant may be
>>> responsible.
>>> Of course, undoing that selection is not so easy, since it may be any one
>>> of gimp's dependencies, and not just gimp itself, that needs to be rebuilt
>>> without the +quartz variant to fix this.
>>
>> Aww man...don't say that. I hate the X11 way. I don't know why, it just
>> bugs me when X11 has to launch before launching any Apps that rely on
>> it. I don't mind recompiling everything, but I just can't bring myself
>> to use X11 on my Mac.
>
> I understand and feel the same way, but many projects don't test their Quartz
> mode as thoroughly, and it's not the default in MacPorts either, which adds
> up to there being issues sometimes, which is why it would be the first place
> I'd look as the culprit for the issue you're seeing. If you can confirm that,
> then you could report the bug to the developers. Well, you can and should
> report the problem to them in any case, but it may help them if you can
> isolate what's causing the problem.
>

>> Keep in mind, this only started on Yosemite. Everything worked great
>> under Mavericks.
>
> I thought you said you weren't using the +quartz variant on Mavericks?
>
> If the differences between when it worked and when it didn't work are 1) you
> upgraded from Mavericks to Yosemite, and 2) you switched to using the +quartz
> variant, then the latter is the change I'd most likely suspect.

Hmm...my bad if I wasn't clear. I have always used +quartz, pretty much
since Snow Leopard...even venturing outside of MacPorts for a bit, by
manually download/compile/installing everything.

I am doing some rebuilds with keep_logs enabled and debugging enabled to
see if I can isolate things before jumping to recompiling.

I will reply again if I find anything and will use all of the info I
collect for my bug report.

Thanks,
Jeff