On Oct 27, 2015, at 11:16 AM, Ryan Crocker wrote:

> So my router decied to die as i was updating from the migration instructions.
>  I just tried to re-run
>
> sudo ./restore_ports.tcl myports.txt
>
> but I get this error,
>
> -->  Removing work directory for p5.16-encode-locale
> --->  Computing dependencies for p5.16-extutils-command.
> Can't install p5.16-extutils-command because conflicting ports are active:
> port:p5.16-extutils-makemaker

This isn't really a migration-specific situation. You have
p5.16-extutils-makemaker installed, and are trying to install
p5.16-extutils-command, but you can't do that, because they conflict with one
another (meaning: they try to install the same files). Decide which of these
two you want. Deactivate the one you don't want, then install or activate the
one you want.