> On Nov 23, 2015, at 1:14 PM, semaphor...@yahoo.com wrote:
>

> El 22 nov. 2015, a las 23:08, Ryan Schmidt escribió:
>

>>> On Nov 22, 2015, at 9:28 PM, semaphor...@yahoo.com wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello to all.
>>>
>>> I retried upgrading readline again, and it failed again, at a different
>>> port though.
>>
>> As far as I can tell from what you've told us, you've already successfully
>> upgraded the readline port. It's done.
>
> Technically it isn't. The port upgrade readline reports many broken ports and
> attempts to repair them. That's where it fails.

readline has been successfully upgraded. After every port install or upgrade,
rev-upgrade checks for broken ports. This is what's now failing because some
port is broken and can't be rebuilt. But it has nothing to do with readline.
You would see the same after upgrading or installing any other port.

>> But when you upgrade or install any port, MacPorts checks if any ports are
>> broken, and tries to rebuild them. Maybe it's determined that the volk port
>> is broken, is trying to rebuild it, and is failing.
>>

>>> Here is the log:
>>>
>>> <main.log.bz2>
>>>
>>> Your opinion?
>>
>> The log is not from a clean build attempt. Read the ticket filing
>> guidelines, clean the port, try again, and if it fails again, file a ticket
>> and attach the new log.
>>
> sudo port clean volk
> then
> sudo port upgrade volk
>
> failed again, and the log is:
> <main.log>
>
> Is this a bug or a misunderstanding on my part?

The first error I see in the log is:

:info:build
/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_distfiles.macports.org_ports_science_volk/volk/work/volk-1.1.1/include/volk/volk_common.h:71:23:
 error: x86intrin.h: No such file or directory

Sounds like a bug. The bug might be that volk is not compatible with Snow
Leopard's old gcc 4.2 compiler. In any case, please file a bug report.