Hi, we’re telling our Mac-owning students to use MacPorts in a university
course that uses python, and we’ve had a weird issue.

One student’s hard drive was full, but instead of giving a useful error
message, MacPorts just downloads as much as it can, then cancels and tries to
download from another mirror.  Of course the other mirror’s packages are just
as big, so it keeps doing this about 10 times before giving up.  Could MacPorts
please instead give a “no free space” error in this case, or something more
useful than trying to download from .za?

Thanks,
Jean-François