> On 14 Mar 2016, at 5:14 pm, [ftp83plus] <ges...@ftp83plus.net> wrote:
>
> Right, I had to reformat  because the Mac wouldn't boot anymore.
>
> This is actually a failure on step 1, the
>
> sudo port install -v -f libcxx
>
> Hope that helps.

No, not really. Like others I have I am afraid completely lost track of what
you have and have not run…

can I suggest you start afresh, so wipe out your current macports installation,
start again and this time provide a *full* transcript of everything your run,
and the complete final log file showing whatever error you get.. Without that
its pretty impossible to follow what you have done so far.

Chris