> On Oct 21, 2016, at 5:45 PM, Manfred Antar <man...@pozo.comcastbiz.net> wrote:

>>> Yes, {svn,trac}.macports.org is still down, and probably others.
>>
>> The only other server that appears to have been affected was the one serving
>> the web site and guide. We already moved this to new hosting, but have not
>> yet set up the ports database on the new server, which is why that section
>> of the web site is currently unavailable.
>>
>> Until access is restored, you can probably find some of our wiki pages in
>> the Internet Archive, such as:
>>
>> https://web.archive.org/web/20160513042611/http://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration
>>

> Does this mean that svn.macports.org will no longer work for updating the
> ports tree ?
> It’s been down for a few days.

There is an unexpected problem on the network that our servers are on; access
to these servers was inadvertently blocked. We are trying to get access
unblocked again, or move the servers to another location, as quickly as
possible, hopefully by tomorrow.

> will everything switch to git?

On October 29th/30th. After that time, you can use git to update your ports
tree, or svn if you prefer, since GitHub provides an svn compatibility mode.

> Hopefully there will be a faq on changing over.

What we have written for now is here:

https://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2016-October/041819.html