On 2016-11-03 00:33, Ralph Seichter wrote:
> On 03.11.16 00:23, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> The new mailing list server uses an updated version of mailman that is
>> supposed to handle this problem without the need to remove the email
>> footers.
>
> If the sender signs message bodies and mailman modifies the bodies, DKIM
> signatures should, by design, become invalid. Like I mentioned before, the
> footers only repeat information given in the message headers anyway, so
> I can't see why we would not simply get rid of them.

To be more specific, we will make use of the mailman option
dmarc_moderation_action set to "Munge From". For sender domains with a
strict DMARC policy (p=reject or p=quarantine), the From address will be
rewritten to the list address and the original sender will be in
Reply-To. This will avoid bounces when the receiving mail server follows
DMARC policies.

To avoid invalidating DKIM at all, we would indeed need to remove the
footers.

Rainer