On 5 May 2017 at 22:04, rmgls wrote:
> hi all,
>
> installing a port compute all dependancies, and print:
> installing ... do you want to continue Y/N?
>
> its ok! but what would be useful is to print the required space for all
> packages:

Yes, it would be nice, but we don't always know how big they are as
they are often compiled from source. In case of binary packages (or if
the same kind of package was already compiled on the buildbot, only
not distributed) we could do that, yes, but someone still needs to
write the code to:
- collect the data
- show the data.

You may open a feature request on Trac (just don't expect too much as
we are currently somewhat understaffed; if you really want that
feature, asking for advice to help you get it done would give you
higher chances :).

(I know we have a ticket for showing percentage of the build, but
don't know where. This is somewhat related.)

Mojca