Inkscape (and Rcmdr inside Studio) are now cooperating with XQuartz. Not sure
why, but the only change I made is to reorder my path so that the macports
python path comes before the anaconda python path.  Could that have done it?)

BUT… all the menus for Inkscape are in Greek.  (I’ll post that as a separate
query.)

> On Feb 13, 2017, at 7:00 AM, macports-users-requ...@lists.macports.org wrote:
>
> Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 12:42:57 -0500
> From: Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenb...@gmail.com
> <mailto:murrayeisenb...@gmail.com>>
> To: Ryan Schmidt <ryandes...@macports.org <mailto:ryandes...@macports.org>>
> Cc: MacPorts Users <macports-users@lists.macports.org
> <mailto:macports-users@lists.macports.org>>
> Subject: Re: Inkscape @0.92.0_3+x11 does not work under macOS Sierra
>       10.12.3!
>
> I did install port inkscape-app and I get the same behavior — the incessant
> appearance and disappearance of the XQuartz icon in the Dock, and NO Inscape
> window or items in the menu bar — as when I tried running inkscape from
> command line.
>
> I do see an Inkscape icon in the Dock, but it does not have the tell-tale dot
> under it to indicate the app is open.
>
> [I’m beginning to suspect an XQuartz problem, as I’m getting the same issue
> with the XQuartz icon when I try to run rCmdr from within RStudio after
> giving the RStudio command quartz(). so I completely uninstalled XQuartz and
> reinstalled. No change!]
>
> Not sure what the “usual place” means for crash logs.
>

>> On Feb 11, 2017, at 5:18 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandes...@macports.org
>> <mailto:ryandes...@macports.org>> wrote:
>>

>> On Feb 11, 2017, at 13:59, Murray Eisenberg wrote:
>>
>>> The current version, Inkscape @0.92.0_3+x11  current, does not work under
>>> macOS Sierra 10.12.3.
>>>
>>> After starting it from the command line, I see the XQuartz icon appear in
>>> the Dock, then repeatedly disappear and reappear there. And I never see any
>>> Inkscape icon there, or Inkscape window, or Inkscape item in the menu bar.
>>>
>>> How get it to work?
>>
>> It's been working for me.
>>
>> Maybe it's crashing for you. Can you check if there are any crash logs, in
>> the usual place?

---
Murray Eisenberg                        murrayeisenb...@gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101 Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667        Mobile (413)-427-5334