Here one such example :

[…]
--->  Installing py36-six @1.11.0_0
--->  Activating py36-six @1.11.0_0
Error: Failed to activate py36-six: Image error:
/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python3.6/site-packages/__pycache__/six.cpython-36.pyc
 already exists and does not belong to a registered port.  Unable to activate
port py36-six. Use 'port -f activate py36-six' to force the activation.
Error: See
/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_python_py-six/py36-six/main.log
 for details.
Error: Problem while installing py36-six
Error: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets to report a bug.

[…]

sudo port -f activate py36-six
--->  Computing dependencies for py36-six
--->  Activating py36-six @1.11.0_0
Warning: File
/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python3.6/site-packages/__pycache__/six.cpython-36.pyc
 already exists.  Moving to:
/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python3.6/site-packages/__pycache__/six.cpython-36.pyc.mp_1523883488.
--->  Cleaning py36-six

and then I relaunch upgrade outdated…

L.