Hi Mojca,

On 2018-04-25 11:05:31 +0200 Mojca Miklavec <mo...@macports.org> wrote:

I cannot say why this breaks. This gcc 6 compiler is selected because of
    PortGroup cxx11 1.1
but as far as I remember only dvisvgm required C++11 and that one is
packaged as a separate port anyway. You could try building with gcc 7
(in case it "helps", I tried to build TeX Live 2018 on 10.5/PPC and
that one failed due to another compiler error).

Last year I was able to compile TeX Live 2017 (outside of MacPorts) on
10.6 with gcc 4.2 against 10.5 SDK (after disabling dvisvgm build).

I need it just as a dependency of gtk2. It is interesting that my last install (just 1 or 2 months ago) did not require it!

But TeX Live 2018 requires C++11 anyway (ok, maybe it only does so
because of ICU, poppler etc., and the rest of the sources would still
compile without it), so you would soon run into the same compiler
problem.

Maybe we can disable it in gtk2 for old OS's?

As a quick fix, I would suggest you to pass the
    --disable-luajittex
flag. Again, I'm not sure why this would be needed, it should
theoretically work (I have a working luajittex for 10.5/i386), but
that might be the fastest workaround. I'm pretty sure you don't need
that binary there.

That's already the case for PPC:

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/blob/master/tex/texlive-bin/Portfile#L199

If this is in fact broken for some weird reason, we should at least:
- disable luajit in texlive-bin for 10.5/i386 (maybe do more testing)
- test whether gcc 7/8 has the same issue and potentially report it upstream

as a "quick fix" I just edited the Portfile

/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/macports/release/tarballs/ports/tex/texlive-bin

and added

--disable-luajittex \

to configure.args

Is that fine? because even after cleaning the build fails stubbornly in the same place in LuaJIT!

Riccardo