Lee Bast wrote:
>       Latest version of MacPorts & Xcode on a Mac Pro 2010 12-core running
> 10.13, 64GB memory. After performing a normal selfupdate/upgrade outdated
> routine today I got a pile of "Error mapping file into memory" for various
> ports/libraries. I rolled back and rebooted then tried again and it
> installed. But I then tried to do a plain install of mpv and it got all the
> way through to scanning binaries for linking errors before show the same
> issue:
>
>> --->  Cleaning mpv
>> --->  Updating database of binaries
>> --->  Updating database of C++ stdlib usage
>> --->  Scanning binaries for linking errors
>> Warning: Error parsing file /opt/local/bin/sndfile-cmp: Error mapping file
>> into memory
>> Warning: Error parsing file /opt/local/bin/sndfile-concat: Error mapping
>> file into memory
>> Warning: Error parsing file /opt/local/bin/sndfile-convert: Error mapping
>> file into memory
>> Warning: Error parsing file /opt/local/bin/sndfile-deinterleave: Error
>> mapping file into memory
>> Warning: Error parsing file /opt/local/bin/sndfile-info: Error mapping file
>> into memory
>> Warning: Error parsing file /opt/local/bin/sndfile-interleave: Error mapping
>> file into memory
>> Warning: Error parsing file /opt/local/bin/sndfile-metadata-get: Error
>> mapping file into memory
>> Warning: Error parsing file /opt/local/bin/sndfile-metadata-set: Error
>> mapping file into memory
>> Warning: Error parsing file /opt/local/bin/sndfile-play: Error mapping file
>> into memory
>> Warning: Error parsing file /opt/local/bin/sndfile-salvage: Error mapping
>> file into memory
>> Warning: Error parsing file /opt/local/lib/libsndfile.1.dylib: Error mapping
>> file into memory
>> Warning: Error parsing file
>> /Applications/MacPorts/mpv.app/Contents/MacOS/mpv: Error mapping file into
>> memory
>> Warning: Error parsing file /opt/local/bin/mpv: Error mapping file into
>> memory
>> --->  No broken files found.
>> --->  No broken ports found.
>
>       Does anyone know what might trigger these? It's the first time I've
> ever seen that warning, and there haven't been any system or xcode updates
> since the last successful installs/updates. I can't seem to find much info
> searching, and I haven't ever seen it on any other system running 10.13 or
> any previous version either. I plan to play around with it more tonight but
> if there is anything obvious I'm missing that could point me in a direction
> to start I'd appreciate it!

Well, "Error mapping file into memory" is the human-readable form of
MACHO_EMMAP, which is only returned in one place:

<https://github.com/macports/macports-base/blob/master/src/machista1.0/libmachista.c#L477>

So all we know is that the underlying mmap call failed for some reason
(unfortunately mmap doesn't give a specific reason for its failures).

- Josh