On Sep 27, 2019, at 13:58, Chris Jones wrote:

> Sounds like your ports database is corrupted in some way, it is is
> complaining about a file and port that is not actually installed....

I don't think I've ever heard of corruption like that happening before. I'm not
sure that's possible. I would not jump to recommending uninstalling or
reinstalling anything at this point.

Perhaps you're getting confused by the fact that the main.log file that's been
attached in this thread contains several attempts. It might be helpful to look
just at the last attempt. You can find each attempt by searching through the
logfile for "version:1". It might also be useful for the user to "sudo port
clean" the affected port before trying again, to ensure that the prior
incomplete attempts are not interfering.