Hi,

On 18/10/2019 7:00 am, Riccardo Mottola via macports-users wrote:
Hi,

when running upgrade of llvm 3.9, I get this message:

$ sudo port -v upgrade llvm-3.9
--->  llvm-3.9 is replaced by llvm-8.0

is this correct? I think that for now the different clang versions would "stay" and so corresponging also llvm.

Yes, that is correct. See last commit at

<https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commits/master/lang/llvm-3.9/Portfile>

llvm and clang 3.9 are obsolete and replaced.

I have clang and llvm 5.0 on 10.5 on Leopard which is I think the latest I can get.

another port (cfitsio) pulls in llvm 9.0 and I tried to compile that and it fails. I did not try 8.0 to be honest.

build failures, with complete logs, should be reported at

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Tickets

Chris