Christoph,

Freecad is currently broken!

As you found, Freecad 0.17 is looking for an older version of boost.

Further, Freecad 0.17 depends on Qt4, which is 32bit, and hence, not compatible
with Catalina.

Among other things, Freecad 0.18.x is having problems with the demise of OpenGL
on macOS.

Further, work needs to be done upgrading to Python 3.x, as Python 2.7 is about
to be EOL. Unfortunately, there are some serious issues in this transition.

Marius
--
Marius Schamschula