On 05.11.19 20:41 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:
Please write to our list addresses at lists.macports.org, not the old hostname
you used which was deprecated in 2016.

sorry, that was just an oversight (buffered mailing addressess...).

On Nov 5, 2019, at 10:20, joerg van den hoff wrote:

this is on OSX 10.14.6 and with current macports 2.6.2.

it does not find <sys/types.h> it seems. I don't find anything related to this
in the bug tracker, so any hint appreciated how to proceed.

sys/types.h is a standard OS header. It should be there, if you have installed
Xcode or the command line tools.

:debug:build SDKROOT='/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk'

Does the directory /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk
exist?

yes

Does the file
/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk/usr/include/sys/types.h
 exist?

yes.

They should. If they don't, reinstall the command line tools.

If you have Xcode installed, what version? If you've upgraded to Xcode 11, since you're on Mojave, you may have fewer problems by downgrading

I upgraded to Xcode 11 prior to taking note of the macports caveat. I've therefore downgraded as recommended (i.e. downloaded/installed "Command_Line_Tools_macOS_10.14_for_Xcode_10.3.dmg") but did not do so for the full Xcode 10 toolbox (trusting this is not required?).

to Xcode 10. This is just general advice for Mojave users, and probably does not relate to this problem you're experiencing now.

so the problem persists (rxvt-unicode being the _only_ package which choked during the `port upgrade outdated' run) on two machines. in the meantime I did the update on a third one with supposedly basically identical setup (OS version, /opt/local content etc.) where I did *not* have the described problem.

any idea where should I look now?

thank you,
joerg