> On Sep 3, 2020, at 22:01, Ryan Schmidt <ryandes...@macports.org> wrote:
>
> There have been a few other reports lately of graphviz build failures for
> other reasons; if you're experiencing a graphviz build failure, see if one of
> them applies.

I spent some time searching around, but all I found were other instance of
graphviz related tickets, the details of which are beyond my ability to
comprehend.

When graphviz builds, I get this warning:

Warning: cltversion: The Command Line Tools are installed, but MacPorts cannot
determine the version.
Warning: cltversion: For a possible fix, please see:
https://trac.macports.org/wiki/ProblemHotlist#reinstall-clt

So, I run this:

MrMuscle:~ mnewman$ xcode-select --install
xcode-select: error: command line tools are already installed, use "Software
Update" to install updates

But, that doesn't fix the "MacPorts cannot determine the version" warning.

Xcode is at Version 11.7 (11E801a)

The details:

--->  Computing dependencies for graphviz
--->  Fetching archive for graphviz
--->  Attempting to fetch
graphviz-2.40.1_3+pangocairo+x11.darwin_19.x86_64.tbz2 from
http://jog.id.packages.macports.org/macports/packages/graphviz
https://kmq.jp.packages.macports.org/graphviz
--->  Attempting to fetch
graphviz-2.40.1_3+pangocairo+x11.darwin_19.x86_64.tbz2 from
http://nue.de.packages.macports.org/graphviz
--->  Building graphviz
Error: Failed to build graphviz: command execution failed
Error: See
/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_graphviz/graphviz/main.log
 for details.
Error: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets to report a bug.

The log file referred to is rather large (almost 1MB) and incomprehensible to
me.

I don't know how to proceed from here.