Hi,

I am currently preparing a port file for the new port MacPass [1]. Installing
and building works fine, but I do get some warnings because a tool preparing
the build called carthage wants to create a file in
${prefix}/var/macports/home/Library. This fails because the folder is owned by
root. Why is that?

I think the home folder of the macports user should be owned by macports, no?

If it is intended that the folder is owned by root, is there another way I can
grant (temporary) write permissions to that folder to the macports user?

Thanks,
Janosch

[1]
https://github.com/Janosch/macports-ports/blob/new-port-macpass/security/MacPass/Portfile