Hello all!

The recently discovered vulnerability in sudo is making me nervous about my old
systems. This may be unreasonable, as these systems have plenty of other
vulnerabilities and I behave accordingly. However, sudo just seems like such a
vital component, and this exploit particularly bad.

It doesn't look like MacPorts sudo has any dependencies, so how terrible of an
idea would it be to just plop it in /usr/bin/? Do any obvious pitfalls come to
mind, perhaps around configuration file paths? (I also of course realize this
would be totally "unsupported", whatever that really means under the
circumstances... 🙂)

I could also just wait for Apple's next open source drop, and see if their
patched sudo can be compiled to target older systems... better idea?