> On 4 Jan 2022, at 9:38 am, Ryan Schmidt <ryandes...@macports.org> wrote:
>
> On Jan 4, 2022, at 02:52, Christopher Jones wrote:
>
>> Personally, I also occasionally run
>>
>>> port list requested
>>
>> to see the list of ports I have actively *requested* to be installed. This
>> excludes ports just installed as dependencies of others.
>
> Note that you should use "port installed requested" rather than "port list
> requested" since "port list" will show you what is available whereas "port
> installed" will show you what is actually installed. See:
>
> https://trac.macports.org/wiki/FAQ#portlist
>
> "port installed" is also considerably faster than "port list”.

yeah, I am ware of this option (and port list gives a warning at the start)

Oberon ~/Projects/MacPorts/ports > port list requested
Warning: The 'list' action only shows the currently available version of each
port. To see installed versions, use the 'installed' action.
<snip>

I still use it though as frankly I prefer the formatting of the output it
gives, compared to ‘port installed’

Chris