Hello,
In textedit, you only need press Command Semicolon then VO M to get to
the menu.
The way I mentioned is this.
1. Press Command Shift Colon. You will hear either Spelling and
Grammar or Hide Spelling and Grammar.
2. Now press VO F2 twice.
3. Now use the down arrow to select the spelling window and press enter.
4. Now you will use tab to move around the window and the up and down
arrows to select the correct word and press enter.
5. While on a word, before you accept the spelling, you can use VO w
twice to hear the spelling of the word you are going to choose.
6. When you are done, press the escape key to get back into your
document. This method also works in mail.

Dan

key...@comcast.net