I think he's talking about a window description a bit more in depth
than just an inquiry into the name of the window/application in
focus.  Like "tool bar with such and such buttons, side bar to the
left with source items, main view to the right with such and such."
Is that right?  I think generally the people here are used to just
exploring around an application window, finding things as they go.
Tool bars, and side bars, and main views tend to be described as such
when the VO cursor is moved over them… like with iTunes for your
example.

This email just to point out a potential confusion that we might be
having.  Certainly we've never had an application that would give the
user such a description up front and I'm sure this would or is coming
up against different perspectives, the view of those who are a bit
newer to computers and or voiceover and who like listening to human
sounding voices more, and those who have more experience, coming from
the dark ages (2001), when synthesized speech sounded robotic and
spoke fast, who feel like they could just view the window faster by
listening to their faster speech and quickly navigating over its
elements.  You may be surprised at how quickly one can get the layout
of an application interface this way.

But in the end none of us have seen such a thing before, and certainly
there's no reason to write it off as unnecessary/redundant when there
is someone who feels like giving it a try.  Lol who knows maybe it'll
catch on.  Maybe if you sort of incorperated this "description" as a
sort of user guide, as alternative to, say, a video which would show a
sighted user the interface.

Regards
Justin Harford

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already
tomorrow in Australia." Charles Schultz, creator of the Peanuts comic
strip.