If you guys would look at that URL that was posted you would know that
the voice that sounds like a robot is actually part of the voiceover
component in iTunes itself and unless you are using a mac, it will
revert to that voice.  There was no mention of it reverting to your
default voice of selection on the mac, just to alex.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already
tomorrow in Australia." Charles Schultz, creator of the Peanuts comic
strip.