Hey Tom; Welcome to the list!

   I'll be including this info in the list welcome message very soon,
but for now, here is our latest revision of MacVisionaries etiquette,
so to speak.  <smile>

   If anything doesn't make sense or you just have any questions at
all regarding list policy and such, do feel free to email me off-list
anytime at:

caraqu...@caraquinn.com

   Have an awesome day! -Congrats on your Mac, and enjoy the list!…

Smiles,

Cara  :)

What is Off-topic for MacVisionaries?

• Non-Mac-related postings

• For Sale postings.  We're working on a site area(s) for this, so for
the moment, please do keep this sort of thing off the list and email
me privately if you have items for sale.

• One line responses such as 'thank you' 'I agree' or 'Me too.'

• Notes asking for people to follow you on Twitter or be your friend
on FaceBook or other social Networking sites.

• Notes asking people to contact you on Skype or asking if you can
contact someone on Skype.  If someone needs assistance, please write
them off list or have them write you.  We're working on a Skype
directory of users willing to help people, so for now, please keep
this off the list.

• Notes with no answers in them.  I.E.  If you're really not sure how
you can help someone with a question they've asked, then simply don't
post.  Let someone who does know, or has a good idea help that
person.  there's no harm in letting a question rest for a while if
there's no immediate answer.

• Posts asking about list policy, posts asking if your post got
through, or test messages.  Do not post these sorts of things to the
list.  Write me off-list instead.

What is On-Topic for MacVisionaries?

• Anything Mac-related!  :)

• Any questions from new / experienced users regarding anything at all
on their Macs or Apple products.

• Any actual answers to such above questions.  If you have a guess,
try it yourself first.  If it works, then by all means, post it as an
answer to the list!  :)

• Any warnings, or things to avoid doing which cause VO to not speak
or crash.  (or cause problems with a user's access tech)  Preferably,
it would also be nice to post a work-around for a problem if you know
it.

• Any news articles, Web Sites, or blog entries which are Mac / Apple
related, or that have some 'real' involvement with such.  I.E.  is
there a real honest connection between the two?  Is the item you're
posting really going to interest or impact a Mac / VO user?

• Your own Mac / VO / Apple experiences!  Feel free to post anything
that you've experienced or are experiencing (good or bad) having to do
with your Mac use, (with or without VO) your use of Apple products, or
your experiences with Apple or at an Apple store.

• Questions or concerns about a future Mac or Apple purchase.  Feel
free to ask anything you like about Apple / Mac before you buy!  :)

---
View my Online Portfolio at:
http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn