Jessi, are the tracks you're playing, videos?…

   I ask, as you may need to close the video window when this
happens.  Once you start playing a video, and pause it, you can bring
up a context menu on it and there should be an option to 'close video
window.'

   If this is the issue, closing this window will allow you to select
another track to play.

HTH and have a great day!…

Smiles,

Cara  :)