The I phone does have gps but it's a  system that works with google maps
over the data connection to work. As for accessibility hel whos knows.

-----Original Message-----
From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionar...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of erik burggraaf
Sent: Wednesday, 10 June 2009 11:58 p.m.
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: The iphone and gps

Hi, some one mentioned google maps.  That may provide limitted
functionality to get you started, though I'm not sure how it will do
with pedestrian routs and poi's.  Never know til you try it I guess.

Other than that it is just a waiting game.  I mean, the thing isn't
even on the shelf yet, so it's going to be a while before the perfect
GPS solution or the marvelous bar code reader or the nifty colour
identifier emerge.  I hope they do, along with braille support and
some tother things.

Best,

erik burggraaf
A+ sertified technician and user support consultant.
Phone: 888-255-5194
Email: e...@erik-burggraaf.com