I'm a little behind on my email so I'm finally getting a chance to look
into this. Yes, in  iTunes 8.1 command-shift-b was working and in 8.2
it's not. there is a command under the Finder menu then Services called
Send file to BlueTooth device which is also command-shift-b. So for some
reason with iTunes 8.1 this services command did something different. I
poked around in iTunes 8.2 and there still is no Buy menu item so I
can't create my own shortcut via the Keyboard & Mouse system preference.
So I'm guessing that after dropping it from iTunes the OS now does the
next best thing it can with command-shift-b which is the bluetooth send.

So on a whim I went to the Keyboard and Mouse system Preference and
created a new shortcut for iTunes. Even though there is no menu item
called Buy, I typed that in anyway and assigned it command-shift-B.
Amazingly enough it worked. I selected a row in the store, hit
command-shift-b and it prompted for my purchasing authentication info.

CB