Thanks for that  I'll give both ideas  arty.

 I think the double tap will be the more workable one.

From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionar...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of patrickneazer
Sent: Sunday, 26 July 2009 12:52 p.m.
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: iphone cal ending

Hello Simon and all:

There are a few ways to end a call.

1. Double tap the screen with two fingers similar to the way you would
double tap the phone when starting or stopping a song in itunes. remember
when double tapping the phone to keep your fingers apart a little or else
the phone might think you have one really large finger. No, I am not kidding
about that last point

2. When the call is over you can press the lock screen button on the top of
the phone. This does lock the screen and you will have to unlock it again to
use the features of the phone.

Hopefully this information is of some use to you. Let us know.