Unless you really need the 7200 RPM you should be able to get a lot more
capacity for that price. Newegg has 1 TB firewire drives starting at
$113. That said, other than price I've had nothing but good experiences
with OWC products. Here are a couple drives:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822165136

acomdata 7200 RPM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822216055

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822207009

calvary 7200 PRM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822101094

That said, I personally bought a Western Digital MyBook from Costco to
use as my TimeMachine backup drive. Newegg has the 1TB version for $140

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136172

I wouldn't worry a whole lot about fireweire 400 vs 800 since most
drives can't pump out more than 40MB/s these days.

CB