Hi,

Tomf Tom comes up in AppStore for me.  It explicitly states that it is
an automobile solution.  They are one of the companies who have there
own UI layer to speed up ports to other systems which, as regards
accessibility, is usually a disaster.

I had a series of conversations with people at TT and made no progress
in getting them to cooperate with a PAC Mate or off-the-shelf handset
solution for pedestrians.

The Mobile Navigator has its set of problems but it gets a lot of
things right.  If VO could have a "new text event" read the directions
at the bottom of the page in Navigon as they change, this will be a
formidible solution at under $100.

cdh