Neo office is the mac version of open office.

From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionar...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Chris Blouch
Sent: Thursday, 27 August 2009 5:39 a.m.
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: has anyone tried neooffice with vo?

Hmmm. I thought NeoOffice and OpenOffice were different products. Originally
OpenOffice used X11 (a  unix windowing system) and NeoOffice used Java to do
the UI from the OpenOffice base code. More recently openOffice came out with
an Aqua version which uses native UI APIs instead of X11. Here is one
comparison site:

http://neowiki.neooffice.org/index.php/NeoOffice_Feature_Comparison

In their table for support of Mac OSX accessibility framework they have a
red x which implies that voiceover support isn't there.

CB

Ben King wrote:

Dear Anouk,

Welcome to Apple Land.  On the previous podcast of the Mac Review Cast, they
spoke about Neooffice.  It sounds interesting.  I do not know if it is
accessible with Voiceover.  Good Luck.  Have a wonderful day.

Blessings,

Ben King