Tracy,

I am not sure why you want to save a file out for this. Maybe a little more
context would help. In any case you can add a delay before the say statement.
Maybe something like this.

beep
delay 1
say "Hello World" using "Tessa"

Not sure exactly how to incorporate the beep without some Google Foo but you
get the idea.

Keith