Hi. Sorry if this is OT... I'm trying to help a friend who is not tech
savvy jailbreak her iPhone 4s because even though it's not under
contract anymore, her new cell carrier won't request an unlock code
from Apple.

Has anybody done this?

Google gives me a lot of ads, useless youtube videos, and web sites
that are either scams or want cash...

I am aware of security issues and worms etc around, but, there appear
to be safe versions out there yes? I have had no need to do this with
any of my iOS devices so need some guidance if possible...

Feel free to reply to me off list.

Thanks,

Cameron.