To see how verbosity changes things, press vo-v, left or right arrow to
verbosity, then up or down arrow to "low" and press space. It alters how
messages are read in the Messages Table.

I set up an activity to do this automatically when Mail is active, but it now
takes a long time to switch to or from Mail. To do this, just go to Activities
in the VO Utility, add a new one, check 'verbosity", set it to low, then choose
"Mail" from the applications popup button.
On Apr 23, 2014, at 9:46 AM, Daniel Hawkins <computersassocia...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello Alex,
>
> Could you please explain more about the verbosity please? I played around
> with it after reading your text and thought I changed it but no difference.
>
> The mail app is driving me crazy. I love threading but this is rediclous.
> Daniel Hawkins
> - Posted from my Macbook Pro
>
> On Apr 22, 2014, at 10:30 PM, Alex Hall <mehg...@icloud.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> Someone recently told me that low verbosity in Mail eliminates the
>> "disclosure triangle" and other annoying announcements. It does indeed, so i
>> set up an activity to set low verbosity in Mail. I tried activities a couple
>> years ago, but they caused switching to and from apps to go really slow, as
>> in at least five seconds from pressing cmd-tab to being able to use the app.
>> Since then we've had two OS updates, and I went from 2gb to 8gb of ram, so i
>> figured I'd be all set... Nope. It takes just as long today as it did two
>> years ago. Is there anything i can do to fix this problem? Is this
>> universal, or do only some people experience it? Thanks.
>>
>> --
>> Have a great day,
>> Alex Hall
>> mehg...@icloud.com