Hi,

I have also seen this for years.

this is not quite a bug in the sense that it is the structure for a speech
command which you can see in action by doing the following.

I will not put these commands in this text as I'd rather not make people's
speech go wonky! lol! :)

1 open a text file with TextEdit

2 add the command rate90 at the top of the file, surrounded by three brackets
as in: [[[ command ]]]

3 Type some text below the command you just placed in the top of the file as
in: This is just a test

Now when you do a say all with VO a the test text should be spoken quite slowly.

The number you type for the rate is the rate of speech in words per minute.

So when VO encounters the triple brackets in text it expects a speech command,
but does not speak what is in those brackets.

Hope this helps explain this a bit.

Have a great day All!

Cara :)
---
iOS design and development - LookTel.com
---
View my Online Portfolio at:

http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn

Follow me on Twitter!