There are a number of shell scripts out there that will batch convert using sox. This one seemed simpler than the others:

for i in *.aiff
do
sox -t ogg $i new-files/$(basename $i)
done

So you would just run that in each folder. Basically it looks for all the files in the current directory that end with .aiff and calls that list "i". Then it passes those items to sox one at a time and converts them to ogg format, dropping the converted files in a folder called new-files.

CB