I don't think any braille display will update unless you use windows. I wish
the manufacturers who manufacture Braille displays would let us update displays
on any platform all VI people should now sign a petition on change.org and send
it to all the manufacturers or we should do something else more effective.

I had to use my work computer to update my Braille display which was a pain.

Kawal.