Hi Tristan!
A old post here about getting a Num pad on a Macbook or bluetooth keyboard and
a link to a podcast showing how to install!
Other benefits for people using Windows in a virtual machine as well!
Its all there to hear!

HTH Colin
        I'm pasting the text below from my old message to the list.  I cleaned
it up a little.

This is the information used to change your caps lock key to the VO or Control
and Option keys held down together.

I also use the added bonus of the caps lock working as the insert key in VM
Fusion Running the Jaws screen reader.

And, the KeyRemap4Macbook application also creates a   built in number pad on
the mac laptop and bluetooth keyboard making  the num pad commander now more
available.

This has been one of the best changes I have ever made  to my mac.  I hope you
and others are finding it helpful.

Eric Caron

info follows:

> [...]
>> set up the computer to use the caps lock as the VO keys.
>>
>> Below I will write out the steps to complete the set up.
>> I will also include a link to a recently completed podcast that walks
>> through the new set up.  this is much shorter then the previous podcast as
>> it is much easier to complete the steps.  The podcast is 25 minutes long but
>> the last 4 minutes is for  those who all ready use the applications and want
>> to update.
>>
>> -
>> Here are the steps needed to have a number pad added to your keyboard, have
>> caps lock work as a Voice Over Key, and have the Caps lock work as the Jaws
>> key or similar modifier in other screen readers used in VM Fusion.
>> Go to the developer web site and download and install both  KeyRemap4MacBook
>> and PCKeyboardHack.

>> Be sure you restart your computer at the end of the install.
>>
>> Now go to System Preferences and to Keyboard.  Change the behaviour of the
>> Caps lock key to no action.
>> Now also in System Preferences under Other you will find both PCKeyboardhack
>> and Keyremap4Macbook.  go to PCKeyboardhack and in the settings tab in the
>> first table check the box for change caps lock behaviour then interact on
>> the field that currently reads 51.  Press enter after interacting, then
>> change the number to 110.  This changes the caps lock key to the windows
>> Application key.  then close the application
>>
>> Still in System Preferences and in the Other category go to
>> KeyRemap4Macbook.  In the Change Key tab move over to the search field and
>> type in "blind voice over" without the quotes.  then arrow right over to the
>> table.  Interact and you should be on the correct setting.  arrow to the
>> check box and select it.  Close the application.

>> Now if you press the caps lock key it will act as if you are pressing the
>> Control and Option keys.  You have the original VO keys to use.  as this
>> only changes the caps lock key. Also If you press the FN key and letter i
>> you will find it is a 5  and the rest of the number pad is there.  If you
>> turn on num pad commander you can now use the Voice Over controls with this
>> number pad.
>>
>> For VM Fusion users you have another bonus.  The caps lock key  will now act
>> as the Jaws key if you are using a VM Fusion machine with windows.
>> The Keyremap4macbook application can be used instead of sharp keys or the VM
>> fusion key settings.  they should not be used to try to control the same
>> keys at the same time.
>>
>> The Keyremap4macbook needs to be version

>> for more information here is a helpful link.
>>>>>
>> Here are the steps to update KeyRemap4Macbook if you followed the original
>> podcast and used the Private XML.  this is only for those who
>> Please remember this is donation supported.  You will find the donation link
>> at the same location you downloaded the applications.
>>
>> Below is the link to the new podcast. that walks through these steps.

"The Avalanche has started!
Its to late for the pebbles to vote!"
[Kosh Babylon 5 2258]